I have been taking part in the Contemporary quilters Journal quilt challenge..... I decided to use my Bernina780 for all 12 quilts and challenge myself to finding out all the controls and settings on the machine for what I am trying to achieve. It is great fun. I have decided to use white cotton fabric and white cotton thread ( it will allow me to dye the journal quilts at the end).
Here I am trying to use my new found knowledge about the embroidery module..... am loving the challenge. However it does not show up very well in the photo!
I have just heard today that some of mine will be on show at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham in August, and then they will be on tour with ICHF shows. Better get some sleeves attached to the back of my journal quilts and get them in the post soon.
The weather has turned summery here these last few days despite some strong winds, so I have been dyeing some fabrics. I inherited the fabrics last year and they have been waiting to be coloured ... am really pleased with the results, just what I wanted. I used the warm primary colours this time and have amazed myself with the pleasing results.