Translate

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Busy Times



What a lot to do and little time to do it....Christmas and New Year have happened since I last posted to the blog.
Happy New Year everyone... .......though a bit late........ is it March already?


The GWE group have just had a very successful exhibition at Steam Museum in Swindon. The Swindon Mayor came to open it and was very complementary about the work. He really enjoyed seeing the representative pieces. The local newspaper gave us a full page spread and an excellent article. Here is the link to the online version if you would like to read it, it does have less photos however..
So, for the first part of this year I have been busy finishing the pieces of work for the Exhibition.
Hubby has also had his knee replaced, so have had a spell as "Nurse in charge" as well. Not something I am particularly good at either. My travels were also curtailed by the weather... all that snow, we were cut off from the world for a few days. It became very boring after the first few moments of excitement.


The beginning of February bought with it lots of family birthdays.. very pleasant and lots of cakes to eat. Then I had a wonderful treat.



Went to the Embroiderers Guild and Royal School of Needlework at Hampton Court Palace in London. It was a wonderful day out.. not very sunny but it did stay dry.


The Palace is quite renowned for its variety of chimneys as well athe knot garden.


This the the ceiling to Anne Boleyns gate and entrance.. amazing.

This weekend I have been away at my masterclass at Urchfont, absolutely wonderful. It has allowed me to reflect on the work I would like to progress for 2 exhibitions I have in September/October. Always a welcome respite to visit Urchfont and reflect on the way my work is developing.

3 comments:

Gill said...

Good to see you blogging again, aggie!

Gill said...

The missing 'M' !!

Sandra Wyman said...

Welcome back! You've been missed