Translate

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quilts Victoria and Albert Museum London

Took a tranquil train trip to London Yesterday with my dodger mate Gill. We both took tickets in the " quiet " carriage, and so were talking in whispers! Amazingly at Didcot ( unnoticed by me ) a colleague and his son boarded the train and sat behind me. They had a good excuse for them both to be truanting from school, the young man has made the final 10 for the position of Oliver in Drury Lane. Wished him the usual greeting of "break a leg"... and hope to hear soon how the final audition went.


As usual I digress. The purpose of our visit to London was to have a five dodger meet and take in the quilt exhibition whilst we were there. There is so much to see at the V & A and especially as I also wanted to have a look at the newly re-opened Medieval Gallery. We met up with Sue K at Paddington station, and shared the luxury of a taxi to the V & A.... a brilliant decision. London was looking wonderful in the spring.. did I take a photo?... nah.. to busy admiring!!!

Of course had to buy a few goodies from the shop, the fabrics..... and l bought a few, and of course the postcards!


We met up with Lynn- no - blog and later Helen and mini dodger who are in London for a few days.




Of course we had to have our dodger photo in the loos..... the mirrors are wonderful, and are a wonderful photo opportunity.... here are the tiles!!!

It seemed all too quickly we were saying good bye and returning to Paddington, and then before I knew it I was saying good bye to Gill when we reached my station. Great day, fantastic company. Home, tired and happy.

No comments: