I was running short of some colours of fabric for my next project. So dyeing it had to be. I resorted to using hot water dyes as the weather is really too cold for cold water dyeing and the associated batching time in a warm room.
I enjoy the consistency of hot water dyeing.... but hate the stirring of the brew, and become quite impatient. The results are always guaranteed to be good though - so I force myself to be patient. So pleasing to get good results everytime..
So here are some of the pieces of cloth I dyed this week, still need a few more colours, but at least I can make a start on some journal quilts I want to make. I use a lot of my own coloured fabrics, my fabric stash of purchased prints is not very large.... but I have quite a few yards/meters of neutral fabrics for dyeing and printing.
My daughter came round today to make use of my studio again . We managed to make this little quiltlet for grandson.
He has had his room re-decorated and this will be the first of 2 wall hangings we are making for his wall. Yes... he loves dinosaurs as do lots of 6 year old boys. We have finished the top of the other, but still have the quilting to do and finishing. This one is already on his wall.