Translate

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Drawing with the sewing machine

These pieces of work were created over 2 days.... 2 days of really good stitching fun. All the drawing was done with free machine stitching. A refreshing change from using a pencil.
This piece above was my practice piece... almost a doodle piece. Testing the stitching, testing the marks the machine made. Really important to try things out.


This was the large table in the middle of the room with lots of items to draw. Isn't the table cloth a wonderful red?
This is completely stitched by machine. Ignore the flower pin at top right..... took the photo before I realised it was there... duh! Tried to give myself an exercise of white on white.....that was hard !


1 comment:

Stripeyspots said...

I love that! It's remarkable how good you are because I couldn't manage that with a pencil, let alone a sewing machine!