Translate

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

On your head be it!

I can hear my mother say it...on your head be it!.......such happy memories. She said that particular phrase every time, I made, what I thought was a grown up decision.

Well I think I have made one of these adult decisions again..... instead of us going to one of the childrens' abodes on Christmas Eve for a family party....... I have invited them ALL here....... I have so enjoyed the idea of us all being together on Christmas Eve. So they have all accepted an invite for Christmas eve at 6pm


Two years ago we were at my daughters, yes I know it was a terrible ending to the partying, but we were all together. Which turned out to be a huge blessing, as we were able to look after the other children between us. It ended happily though, when we finally managed to resusitate young Jessica. All right, I know I ended up sleeping on the sofa, whilst they were at A & E....... but the children were as good as gold.






Last Year we were all together at eldest sons, and that was brilliant , and no dramas. Really enjoyable. So this year it will be here. Unfortunately youngest sons house is not big enough to accomodate all of us,no chance of going there, so I suppose really it had to be my turn.


So in preparation the Christmas Decorations are up already, never been so early in this household! I have made a shopping list of nibbles I need to get..... when I will get to the shops I do not know. We have some more family illnesses to sort out... but I am determined that there will be laughter and joy in the family this Christmas despite everything else going on. Hubby is sorting our the Christmas music.... he is very good at that, and the children love it. Disco time!

I have done most of my present shopping, quite a bit online... it was needs must. Last year I bought a lot online from one of the big chains ( you know the one...been around for years... famous for good quality underwear! Especially those navy blue knickers when we were at school. If you are my generation - you will know!). I was extremely pleased with them last year, told lots of people too.

Well this year, they have let me down badly..... telling me last weekend .. everything was in stock, and then this morning 5 of the presents are out of stock....... I was fuming ( to say the least). They also now know I was not happy. So apologies to everyone to whom I have recommended this particular store... they are now stricken of my list...... very poor service, may I suggest you strike them off to.... very unreliable. Gripe over.
Maybe I ought to go shopping tomorrow..... my enthusiasm to go to the shops is nil! We'll see.

P.S. Still knitting........ how many days to Christmas?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Have had similar problems with internet ordering from "that" store - totally refuse to use it at all now. John Lewis is fab though. Helen