Translate

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Stitching



Here are the Marlborough Downs on Monday, still a few remnants of snow. It was a bitterly cold day, but I wanted to go to the Embroiderers Guild meeting at the Marlborough Branch. I was not well enough to drive , so hubby kindly offered to take me. We also saw a number of deer grazing in the fields, such a wonderful sight.

The meeting was very worthwhile, the Speaker was Clare Hanham who was an apprentice at the Royal School of Needlework, and gave us a fascinating account of her 3 years as an apprentice. Have a look at the RSN website .....here. Made me realise though that I am an artist as the repetition required for this sort of work would drive me mad! I also prefer to design my own work.

On the way home we have to drive through Marlborough Market place... and I thought the following beautiful building was somewhat marred by the pavement furniture.



Needless to say I was very tired on Monday evening.

Tuesday I had further stitching delights with the Great Western Embroiderers meeting. We had our first outside speaker, Louise Watson, a local textile artist. We are working towards our exhibition at Steam and Louise shared her wonderful sketchbooks with us, which really inspired us.


We have another sketching session at Steam next week,looking forward to that, and I am really excited about Saturday, when we will be having an all day sketchbook workshop with Louise. I have been doing some more work in my sketchbook, trying to get my ideas organised for Saturday. Still feeling tired... but am sure that will pass as soon as I finish taking the penicillin.

1 comment:

Maggie Grey said...

Sorry to read that you have been so poorly, OM. I've not had time to catch up on blogs lately so apols for not commenting before. Have a lovely time at the sketchbook day.