Translate

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

End of the month and New workshop group

It has been a very busy time here, some emergency hospital attendances, which involved lots of baby sitting and the donning of nurses hat, and as you know that is not one of my most endearing past times.
As I write this I am also putting the final touches to the workshop I previously wrote about in a previous blog.. see here...
We will be meeting on Monday 15th September for the first time from 10.00am -3.00pm and then every 3rd Monday of the month thereafter. If you would be interested please e-mail me and I will give you more details.


However I have managed to escape to the workroom whenever possible and am pleased with the creative moments I have managed to snatch. I think it saves my sanity! Just a snippet of the work for you, as its a secret at the moment.

I am also trying to get some work resolved for 2 exhibitions, the first one is a mini exhibition for the Great Western Embroiderers at Steam Museum.. click here. It is the Swindon Railway Festival, so something for all the family. If you live locally , I would love to see you, I will be there on the Saturday 13th. On the Sunday I hope others can take over from me!



I see that my buddy Ken White will be there as well. He is a now famous mural artist, but He worked with us about 25 years ago before all the fame. A great guy. Of course if it all gets a bit much you can always give the plastic cards a bashing at the Designer outlet village.. just 10 paces away. click here .......

The other exhibition that needs my attention at the moment is in Ilminster.. I still have a week or two to get stuff together for that. I was very chuffed to see they had used one of my images for the publicity brochure. So although I had not planned to include that piece... I will.. there is nothing worse than being attracted to an event by an image and then its not at the exhibition! So it will be there....


Then I must start thinking about the big exhibition next Spring at Steam Museum. Lots to do....

No comments: