Translate

Monday, May 07, 2012

Bank Holiday Monday... and more rain!!!


A Bank holiday Monday in England and so naturally enough its raining for most of the day. Found this rather old photo of a family outing to the then "new" Changi airport, and as you can see .... the photo was taken during a short lull in the monsoon rains. Rather relevant to the weather we have been experiencing lately.
 So we decided to break from family traditions and stayed at home all day today. No special holiday outings for us, we did not fancy the prospect of getting soaking wet, even though I fancied checking out the garden centre.

So to console myself, I spent the day working in the studio with the leftover African fabrics. I am really pleased with the results and it is now ready to quilt with the machine. I also managed to tidy up a bit in there, at least I have some space to work again.

Hope it doesn't rain again tomorrow........ as I am going on an outing and would like to be able to take some photos.... so please order some sunshine for me tomorrow. Maybe a sun dance will do the trick?

No comments: