Translate

Monday, August 18, 2008

Festival of Quilts 2008

Gosh, just hit the magic 8080 visitors from 88 countries on the Nero counter and this on the 18-08-08. Auspicious occasion.
My day yesterday was spent going to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham for the whole day. Travelled by coach, and I love the views from so high up, so much better than having to drive by car.


We arrived at 11.00am and had until 5.30pm to shop till we dropped and lots of time to look around the wonderful exhibitons and quilts... it is quite an event. I really felt that English speakers were in the minority. So many foreigh languages were being spoken as I walked around. Brilliant.
The quilts were wonderful and congratulations to all the winners. If you would like to see them click here.
The quilts that really shone out for me were in the childrens section...wow!.... If you want to see this wonderful work fully have a look at my photo blog for more details


My purse was very much lighter when I returned home ... but my shopping bag a lot heavier. I also met lots of cyber mates, which was wonderful. I really wanted to buy the new CD about Lutrador as Marion kindly sent me some tips way back about using it, not only did I manage to buy the CD, but also met Marion.... and it was so good to chat. Great to meet you. Hope we can set up the session on working together with Myfanwy.... think it would be great fun.

Altogether a wonderful show, wonderful international exhibitions and some wonderful stalls and lots of goodies and of course a great day out. Best of all meeting some fantastic people and friends.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sounds like a great day and a lovely show, I'm sorry I missed it this year, will definately be there next!