Translate

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Promises


As promised I am showing you some of the hand stitching I have been occupying my time with. It is for the Meadow Larks exhibition in Cirencester Museum next month. I am, trying to depict some of the textures found in the mud in the field and on the riverbanks and the footsteps of visiting wildlife.


This piece is to show the flowers and seeds sinking themselves into the ground ready for the next cycle of growth. This is handmade silk paper with flower heads embedded and free hand quilting by machine. I really must get this piece to the framers. I rarely frame my work, but think this one needs it. No glass though.
My large piece I have already framed, and have had it put behind glass.... I am not happy with it... and cannot photograph it now without reflections. Sometimes I do not think things through properly.

3 comments:

Gill said...

But regardless of that, you do the most lovely work....

Rachel said...

You may not be entirely satisfied, but it looks fabulous to me!

Digitalgran said...

They look very good to me as well Maggie especially the sik paper and flowerheads. Beautiful.