Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Autumn Fruits

Went on a lovely walk this afternoon, whilst the rest of the West of England were having rain showers, we had wonderful sunshine. The air was feeling autumnal, despite the warmth of the sun. The blackberries are ripening fast and the rose hips are huge this year. If I had the recipes of my great aunt, I would be making rose hip wine and blackberry syrup.


The clouds were impressive across the town... but no sign of rain, thank goodness. I did take my umbrella in case though. ( all photos will enlarge if you click on them)


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Don't let the lack of your aunt's recipe stop you from using that lovely bounty. There are lots of recipes for both rose hip wine and blackberry syrup to be found on the internet.
My mom used to dry rose hips and store them in a mason jar to use for tea in late winter. It's full of Vitamin C and she swore by it to help ward of colds.
-Kathy in Pittsburgh, PA, USA