Translate

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Quilt is finished !



My daughter has spent quite a while making this quilt, and has had to learn a lot of new skills on the way.. however today she managed to finish it.
 My studio has been working overtime this last few weeks with all this activity.
 Needless to say daughter is absolutely thrilled with the quilt and I must say it is beautiful. Well done indeed.
She purchased the fabrics from Cupcake Cottons in Burford--- click here for their blog, Steph and Jacky have been wonderful and the quality of their fabrics is hard to find anywhere else.

Do I get my studio back for my own work?... well no... its being booked again for a hexagon quilt for grandson.

This morning I also managed to service and sort out my Bernina 730 (old green version) that I gave to her ages ago. as it need some oil....... I must say it stitches beautifully and I also showed her how to Free Machine Embroider. This old machine knows how to do it with ease.... it had years of practice with me.

2 comments:

Sandra Wyman said...

It's beautiful - and amazing for a first quilt!

Jacky and Steph said...

Wow, that quilt looks lovely!