Translate

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lots of Stitching

It was great to get into the studio for most of the day yesterday. My daughter has a commission to make a quilt. She is really  pleased about it. So we bought the fabrics from cupcake cottons in Burford last week, and she cut the squares out the evening before last. Hence yesterday was spent stitching the top together. The photo does not show it finished..... in fact we took the photo so we would have a record for her notebook. I print it out using my little pogo printer.. they are so useful as they are self adhesive.

However, not all work in the studio has been for my daughter. I have now finished my 2 pieces of work for the exhibition at Artsite Gallery at the start of next month ( August 1st -11th) . The exhibition is called Words and Pictures, and I have really enjoyed working these pieces. I have also finished a Quilt for the Festival of Quilts, which I need to post off tomorrow. My grandaughter will be going with me for the first time, so I thought it would be fun to make a quilt to hang at the Festival.

No comments: