Translate

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Exhibition and the Radio.

I have just set up the first exhibiton of Great Western Embroiderers ( the new textile group). The exhibition is in the sewing shop opposite the designer outlet village in Swindon. Such a diversity of techniques and skills. The Exhibition is in the shop window until December 10th.

It is just a small exhibition of some of the members work, showcasing the amazing talent in the group. It has attracted a lot of attention, including that of the local radio, BBC Swindon. Kath, one of the members, gave an interview all about what we do. She gave an excellent interview. I feel sure we will reach lots of interested artists as a result.

This photo was taken at our last meeting ... we called it dyeing the un-natural way. We had a great time.

Still knitting too.......

4 comments:

verobirdie said...

I hope you will have a lot of visitors!

Unknown said...

Great looking exhibition! Hope all the publicity brings in more artists! Helen

Helen said...

I agree Maggie - it looks wonderful. I really like the CD case format for display too, a stroke of genius there :)

Angela said...

The display looks fabulous Maggie you've done a great job showing off the work of the GWE members. I'll be visiting Swindon on Wednesday for work so I'm definately going to time it so that I can pop along to the shop in my lunch break to have a look at the display in person.