Translate

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Solitude



"Solitude is an unavoidable part of creativity, self reliance is a happy by- product" John Ruskin

I am currently starting work on a newish theme, but on reflection it has been buzzing in my head for ages. So my sketchbooks are being used again to try and reach a resolution..... it is a solitary activity.... advice is sought and taken, but the resolution is a blurred image in my head, even getting it down on paper is proving hard to achieve. So must keep working at it in my own way.

So alongside the sketchbook I am creating some white on white stitchery.. with a view to painting it.....there are a lot of technical issues and techniques to conquer..... so I think this could be a long haul, but I know it will be good to be able to concentrate on this one theme, instead of having it constantly rumbling around in my head, and proving to be an insistent distraction. Solitary indeed.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

It's interesting, isn't it, that an activity that to our forebears would have been a companionable one has become one of solitary contemplation...