Translate

Sunday, February 19, 2006

For my friends

Was asked today, for a photo of me on the blog! So I thought I would compromise.



This was front page news! We had an exhibition locally and made it into the local papers. So you can just about see me holding my hanging which is incredibly heavy to hold like that. The work I am hiding behind was inspired by Roman Mosaics. All the fabrics were hand dyed , and then I manipulated them. It took many hours to make. Here is a better photograph of the whole piece.

Just for fun

On a rather different note, here is an image of ghostly proportions! Totally recycled, I was just having fun, made of paper, fabric and some black cotton tape I found, and oh yes - bubble wrap (don't you just love the stuff). Reminded me of the jilted bride, only the cobwebs missing. Yes, that is only water in the jug!


2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

I love your ghostly bride Maggie.
Thanks for putting a photo of yourself on the blog. Sue has a better one of you on hers(smile)

Liz Plummer said...

I love these colours and the way you have used them in this hanging, Maggie.