Translate

Monday, February 27, 2006

Irons and Transfer Paint

The process is simple, draw/paint onto paper with transfer inks or paint and iron onto fabric when ink is dry, preferably synthetic fabric for the best colours. Simple! That's the theory, anyhow. Now own up how many of you would have thought this would be a problem. Until.......

This is a little travel iron, thought I would use it for a speedy result. You can see the imprint of the sole plate design on the fabric! Duh! Well would you have thought of looking underneath the iron first?

Undeterred I carried on!


Think I managed to disguise the sole plate imprint.

4 comments:

Val said...

But the sole plate design could be a fascinating addition and you could make it look as if you meant to do it.

Liz Plummer said...

This is lovely! Mine has little circular holes in and that can be effective too, particularly if you do them in a haphhazard way.

Sue Krekorian said...

I think you are very lucky to have an iron that leaves such a pretty imprint!

Deb Hardman said...

I agree with the others. What a cute design it made! I'd have considered it a Bob Ross moment & called it a happy accident!