Translate

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fascination with trees

 
I chose to take another walk along the closed lane, the sun was shining and the trees were magnificent against the sky. They were really demanding closer attention.
 
En route I passed this old and tangled apple tree.... I have made a mental note to go past again when it is Spring.... the negative and positive shapes of the branches are fascinating.
 
 
I took my sketchbook along and created a few sketches... and then added some more when I got home. The ivy leaves were picked up on the way and I have hidden them under a piece of organdie. I am hoping this will preserve them.
 
 
I also did this sketch above in the studio using oil pastels.. ....I love the way the colours can be blended. One of the artists I have always admired since I was lucky enough to see an exhibition of his In Dortmund, when I was visiting family, is August Macke. This piece is called Rokoko and is dated 1912.
 
 
I love Macke's' subject matter and use of colour. I often find his work inspirational.
 
 
I could not resist taking this photo- in the far distance are the hills of Gloucestershire, and I wondered what my very special friend Gill was doing on this lovely sunny day.

No comments: