Translate

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hot Garden

Maybe I should rephrase the title to "Hot in the garden". I am not a gardener so my garden is not hot -as in good design - I will however share some of my summer blooms with you. I was going to post this last night, but found it too uncomfortably warm to sit at the computer.
I rarely have time for gardening , so my flowers are in pots. My friends know this, I hide them round the side of the house out of view when they die.

This was the temperature here in the UK yesterday-31.1C outside in the shade at 3.26pm. A bit warm! I spent the whole day writing school reports, on the computer, so I was steaming ( in more ways than one). So to break up the tedium, I went out in the midday sun ( mad dogs and Englishman style) and took some photos of the flowers. Just wish I had more time to enjoy them.


This is for AnnieB - she gave me this as a small cutting - sorry forgotten what it is called-but this proves it is still alive and well!












This I know is a clematis, the trellis callapsed under the weight of it, so its hanging around a bit.


This was my mothers pride and joy, it is very old, and I do everything I can to keep it going. We do not have the right soil for Azaelias, so it has to be in a pot.


Amazing that these have such lovely flowers...I use the green stalks instead of onions in my home made potato salad -chives Ithink they are- also keep them well away from the dog and his leg lifts!

Last but not least, I bought a few bedding plants last weekend and my goodness they have grown quickly. the name of these begins with an E....but I cannot remember the rest. It would be easy to decieve you on this blog......these are my only flowers, my garden is not full of them. Others are in waiting , sweet peas etc. I do not claim to really know what I am doing in the garden. I plant things for their shape, texture, fragrence and colour. Then I hope I can keep them going.

No comments: