I made the decision to use only fabric and threads I had previosly space dyed myself. The threads were varigated as the procian dyes were lemon yellow and violet . I used the same dye batch for the linen evenweave fabric. One thread was quite thick, a shiny rayon, and I found this quite difficult to stitch through the linen fabric with it. The other two threads were cotton, medium weight and fine. These were really easy to stitch with.
Can you see the letter M...hope so. The photo is not brilliant , as I had to take it with flash switched on.......it is 11pm at night here after all.
Monday morning post note ( addition).
These were the threads and the fabric I used. ( hand dyed with yellow and violet procian dyes)