Translate

Monday, January 07, 2008

Have been stitching.

Yes I have been stitching, about time I can hear you say. I feel so much better, and stitching has really lifted my spirit. Thanks for all the kind comments whilst I have been indisposed and "under the weather".





Yesterday we had some errands to attend to in the village my parents used to reside. Interestingly a new air sculture has appeared. This used to be the site of an old wartime airfield, which when I lived at home was pretty derelict..... in fact I learnt to drive on the old airstrip! It was made into a business park about 20 years ago... and now they have a sculpture too.




This is part of one of the pieces I have been working on.. photo is rather dark... sorry. When I went to take the photo today...... daylight had disappeared under low cloud. If you click on the photo it will enlarge.... it looks better. The piece is block printed with acrylic and cable stitched on the machine... I enjoy the texture and effects created by this technique.... but I hate hand winding the bobbins with the thicker thread. Am happy to work upside down though.

Tomorrow I have another wonderful day... stitching all day at a day School. Bliss.

2 comments:

Angela said...

The close up of your new piece really does show all that lovely stitching! Hope you have lots of fun at your day school!

Digitalgran said...

I love the stitching and you must show us the finished piece. Please?