Translate

Friday, July 28, 2006

Dying time...........

Oooooopps did I forget the "e" in the title??

Up early this morning, 7.00am. It was very cool only 22C so a quick breakfast, and get out the stuff for a dying session on the terrace before the sun comes round. Of course had woken someone else out of their slumber, so had plenty of willing paws!

Had already made the soda and salt solutions, but still needed to prepare the dye solutions, so that took a little while. Finally sorted.


Still getting lots of help, the four pawed variety. Had cut the fabric yesterday, so donned the rubber gloves and set to - dying in the bag. You may recall from a previous post I have promised myself to make a colour wheel quilt for my new room in the new school. As it's impossible to do housework with bandaged fingers, all I have left to do is my dying!!! Yeah right!!!!


So here is my work - this is about half way, and I am feeling pretty good about how it is going.



Someone else though (with four paws) is in desperate need of a rest, all this work so early in the morning.

Time for a quick cup of coffee, then its back to work, got a lot of colour mixing to get the full colour circle......now starting to hope it works OK!


Am running out of space in the cat litter trays, need to improvise as I still have 10 bags to go.

Finally finished and the finger bandages are still clean. I cheated and put the surgical glove underneath my yellow marigolds. That way double protection, but very sweaty fingers. So eight fingers and four paws managed to stay dye free!!! How clever is that? Dyeing finished before the sun came round at 11.00am as well. Very pleased with myself. Tidied up and now have to wait 24 hours to see if the results are OK.


Someone cannot cope with the pace......had to have a rest!!! I'm not naming names of course, but a picture is worth a thousand words!

3 comments:

Sally Webster said...

Did smile at your comment about 22C being nice and cool Maggie. That's been our daytime temp here in Scotland and we've all been flopping about in a state of exhaustion. What must noon have been like for you!

Unknown said...

Looks like you got a good days dyeing in! All those bags in cat litter trays looks SO familiar!

Digitalgran said...

You have done so well to get all that lovely dyeing going Maggie with such sore fingers. You inspire me.