Translate

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Festival of Quilts- The traders

As promised some more about the Festival of Quilts. I had asked my internet chum Carol to tell me of any good exhibitions and stands I should look at and she gave me good advice. Buy the programme and read it carefully before you start - she advised. I did Carol and good advice it was too.
I made the decision to visit the traders first this year, as it gets very crowded later on, and look at the quilts after lunch.
I wanted to buy a rotary cutter and that was my first purchase, I also bought a ruler to go with it, it is gridded so I will have to find out why and also how to use it. Any help gratefully recieved, please!

This is my little stash of goodies I purchased. The ruler is on top beside the rotary cutter. I also bought a little mini ironing/cutting pad. It was very expensive £6.00 but I thought it would be useful by the sewing machine and at workshops. I also bought some udder cream ( in the tube). Anyone else used it?

I also went to see my chum Maggie Grey. Her and Val's new book is just published "Stitch, Dissolve and Distort" - good stuff. It's been a couple of weeks since I have seen her so it was good to catch up.

Also went to see Myfanwy of Winifrid Cottage, she had some pages from her new book on the Embellisher as a sample to show me, its due out in September 06, You can see her leaflet in the photo above. Suspect I will be parting with some more of my cash. Please don't forget to bring some copies for sale to the next Urchfont weekend Myfanwy!

Then I found Bailey and Susan ( both members of the Contemporary Quilters Guild), so that was another long chat. It was mainly about computers, so dh became involved with that discussion.

One of the problems of taking dh with you, the unusual rear view photos of yourself chatting to your chums!

Will cover the exhibits from after lunch, in the next post.

2 comments:

margaret said...

Is that "my" postcard in among your purchases?! After leaving that quilt on the train (the whole story will be on my blog shortly), I'm delighted to see continued evidence that the quilt really exists!

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Yes Margaret, the black and white one. I bought the set of postcards from the contemporary quilt stand. Off to your blog now to find out the story of the quilt on the train!!

Maggie H