Translate

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Back to the Feet

Have sorted out most of the colours I would like to use, am staying fairly close to my previous choice. Have decided to use felt as the base. So now need to study and think about Sallys work a little more, not too long though, just going to allow myself half and hour. Which is just enough time to get some music playing....Enya I think .....am feeling quite relaxed.



I really like the inside of this CD...I digress as usual..... then of course it is time for tea.


No tea - no thinking that's my motto. There's that Twix bar again Sally. Enya is singing .."sail away, sail away" and I immediately start thinking about Sally sailing in Scotland. She told us all about it recently on her blog. Ok, time for design decisions - Sallys used horizontal lines, so I will try using vertical lines. Also have this strong desire to connect my feet to Sally head's, music and tea are working well......I am on a roll...... am going to create the "dream body", that is my dream body, whereby I can eat as I wish and the resulting shape of my body is irrelevant.

That is a really powerful statement/dream, we are so fashioned by everyone elses expectations concerning what we are allowed ( medically) to eat, what size and shape we should be ( fashion mags) and other people's expectations of us. So my dream body will not be "ideal" in the accepted sense, but comfortable for me!


So folks, would you like a dream body like mine in the above photo? What shape is your dream body?

Now the camera is telling a lie in this photo, its the colours -that is not purple - but a dark brown - cannot explain at all. The pins are just to stop the bits from moving, as I have decided to use the embellisher again. ( I have not put it away since the last session).

Next instalment tomorrow morning (BST time) as I want to get on and embellish it now. See you soon with the next instalment.

2 comments:

Sally Webster said...

Yo Maggie! Work (with the embelliser) that body! Is it going to be finished when you're done or do I get another shot?

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

You get another shot Sally. This is no rules - remember. anything goes.Maggie