Translate

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cakes to celebrate.

Good day for baking today. Impossible to go anywhere by road, we are on one of the main routes into Fairford, where this weekend, its the Air Tattoo. Big event for these parts. So are effectively surrounded by traffic



I do have a good reason for baking a cake... this one is specially for Carol, of Textile Tales fame, who has had some great news this week... so here it is as promised ....


I had a very blonde moment whilst decorating the cake- thought the shaker had castor sugar in it.... and it had the icing sugar (which I thought I had mislaid). So the decoration is a little "different" to planned. Just to get you drooling... the centre is strawberry jam from Switzerland. Very tasty!

Also baked some smaller rock cakes, these are to be shared. Made one and a half dozen again as a celebration for Sara of Mainly Zaz who has a new exhibition just opened ... hope you get lots of sales, you richly deserve them.

Whilst the cakes were cooling had a quick look around the garden- like you do! Of Course I did have some help.


Can anyone tell me why these are so blue in the middle and so brown round the edges of the white flowers?


This is my prefered gardening style, demonstrated here by two likely lads! (notice the shadow)


If I were a truly diligent female, I would be doing this.........
Ok - time to go and eat cake - a la Marie Antoinette.(Allegedly)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh Maggie I am drooling, Thank you, what more could a gir ask, virtual fat free cake,I shall raise my glass as a thank you this evening,
Cheers

Unknown said...

Gir???, I think Sally's
'spool chick' has affected m:)

Digitalgran said...

What time's tea Maggie. I'll be over soon to celebrate with you.

artmixter said...

Apparently Marie Antoinette wanted them to eat brioche...the things you learn during a languages degree...and the only things you remember are the useless bits...