Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2007

My excitement- update

I have managed to get some stitching done today, my fingers have been itching to get back to my W & G machine. Displacement activity has taken place, digitally photographing the instruction book, and reading it!



However I know the piece of work had not finished"talking" to me. It was hard to get started again, but then the little machine inspired me all over again and "told " me where to put the marks.

Sounds silly, but if you have experienced this in executing a piece of your work - then you will understand what I mean. Sometimes the English language does not seem to have the right words. Or maybe.... you could help me ... suggesting word ( s) I could use to describe this feeling. I know in other languages there are often more appropriate words too.

Here is the result.

I think it is finished.............. but again it needs to be up on the wall for a while before I finally decide.


Here is a close up, the suggestion in the comments of Cezanne did influence the final outcome... .........as did the mark making of another famous artist. Bet you can guess who that was in this close up.

To finish this post, I'd like to share another image from the famous Constance Howard mural. This is the only man featured in the hanging, talking/lecturing/instructing a group of ladies. Another of my displacement activities this week has been to refine my list of talks and gathering and sorting the visual images to support these. Just need to post my CV and list of talks and workshops to a number of organisations that may be interested. More displacement?





Just hope my future audiences will be just as attentive. I love the chicken feeding and apple picking in the background.

No comments: